Job description / Role
Objective of the role: To address grievances of employees and follow up with the respective team to close within a limited turnaround time. Handle employee welfare by providing necessary assistance in the development of employees and to make a better workforce. Apply policies and procedures to provide effective employee relations and encourage harmonious industrial relations.
• Overall responsibility in ensuring welfare activities for employees are effectively managed and implemented
• Handle employee complaints, counseling and grievance
• Identify and address issues, concerns, root cause of an employee and any matter that needs escalation to the Management
• Visit all HRS employee accommodations/camps to conduct welfare related activities
• Handle resignation cases to understand the reason and possibility of retaining a separating employee
• Provide support to Operations team in handling late leave return cases and disciplinary cases
• Initiate disciplinary actions, including recommendations of warning, suspension or termination
• Maintain welfare related MIS/Reports/Updates
• Deliver employee welfare related trainings
• Ensure necessary assistance and care is given to employee who has undergone medical treatment and residing at our accommodations and coordinate with DMC on the same
• Engage idle employees through various activities including training
• Coordinate with the accommodation and time keepers to meet with employees.
• Follow up with the schedule of new arrivals and organize induction
Other responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time
Ideal Candidate must:
• Graduate or Post graduate in Social Work (MSW)
• Prior work experience in similar industry handling Employee relations of Blue collar workforce
• UAE experience is a must
• Good communication skills, able to speak Hindi / Urdu (mandatory)
• Hold a valid UAE driving licence
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.