Job description / Role
• Ensure operation geology support at rig site to fulfill well objectives.
• Ensure geological description of drilled formations (including fluid identification).
• Supervise data acquisition program, and coordinate workforce of contracted services (essentially but not exclusively: Mud Logging, M/LWD, coring and wireline crews).
• Direct interlocutor of the operator.
• Evaluates the performances of the services companies in his domain of activity and validates the job tickets
Position Title: Wellsite Geologist
Employment Type: Rotational, 1-year renewable contract
Salary: all-inclusive depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE
• At least 15 years of experience as Wellsite Geologist operations working for international oil & gas operators. Preferably, some experience gained with a NOC.
• BSc. (Hons) degree in Geology/Earth Sciences or equivalent
• Technical competencies in Operations Geology/Subsurface, Drilling, Mud Logging, M/LWD and Wireline Log acquisition, Quantitative interpretation, Reservoir geology, Structural and sedimentary geology
• Have a strong background in wellsite operations, with a proven background in Mudlogging and/or M/LWD, WL Logging and Coring.
• Have wellsite geology experience within the UAE and the Middle East region. Ideally, with some experience in the Northern Emirates.
• Have wellsite geology experience of drilling and evaluation of Cretaceous and Jurassic sequences with specific focus on naturally fractured carbonate reservoirs.
• Full understanding of wireline logging operations and basic formation evaluation techniques, with high emphasis on wireline log supervision and QA/QC.
• Full understanding of M/LWD operations and latest tool technology, especially LWD Imaging Tools
• Experience of land based VSP operations (Rig Source, Offset VSP and Walk Away/Walk Along VSP Surveys).
• Knowledge and experience of Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) operations.
• Proven background and understanding of Pore Pressure detection and basic analysis.
• Comprehensive understanding of wellsite gas detection, including measurement, recording and gas ratio analysis to determine reservoir fluid types.
About the Company
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Geologist ( Geomodelling Experience )
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services