Job description / Role
Works as part of a client delivery team to create and implement advisory and technology solutions to improve financial, operational, clinical or patient safety outcomes within healthcare provider institutions. Owns and personally delivers workflow knowledge, data flow and identification for development of software analytics. Additionally, contribute to the overall client engagement as well as train/mentor/oversee the work of consultants or associate consultants on the engagement team.
- Independently collect, synthesize and validate HIS back-end systems HL7 and non-HL7 data to inform software development integrating knowledge of patient and clinical workflow to ensure developed software analytics are effective.
- Work closely with engineering to transfer systems and messaging knowledge in daily scrums and throughout the development processes including validation and delivery.
- Work closely with clients to validate analytics and coach/teach interpretation and use of the analytics to achieve program goals of action oriented responses and deeper understanding of"state of the house" operations.
- Plan and complete assigned work within the engagement with high quality on time and budget (e.g., leading and/or mentoring other senior consultants, consultants or associate consultants in deliverable completion in large projects, act as an engagement leader on smaller client projects).
- Establish credibility and develop relationships with mid-level client managers.
- Create training and QMS documentation supporting analytic development.
- Serve as a professional representative of GEHC in all public and client settings.
- Bachelor's degree and a solid of experience in; advisory services, performance improvement and healthcare informatics in a healthcare setting.
- Strong experience of leading and managing projects with outcome focused deliverables.
- Ability to travel at least 80%.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- MBA or master's degree and solid experience in either advisory services or consulting and a relevant healthcare clinical or administrative experience.
- Strong awareness and understanding of the healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
- Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills.
- Experience with EMR or clinical system messaging such as HL7.
- Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly.
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and to consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Ability to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
- Demonstrated aptitude for critical thinking to include the evaluation of ideas and synthesizing of information into insights.
- Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
About Us: GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.