Job description / Role
About the Tea Business:
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The process is expected to conclude by the end of 2021. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of â‚ 2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Main Job Purpose:
- Manage Workplace, Travel and Fleet portfolio for TeaCo for your region
- Run operations (contractual and operational aspects) and supplier teams remotely
- Set-up and fit out of new office locations for TeaCo
- Source and setup required for offices and facility services in the region
- Support the Global Travel and Fleet lead for operations and delivery in the region, as required
- Regular review of projects and service performance with stakeholders
- Regular review of actual cost & consumption and cost & consumption forecasts with stakeholders
- Medium- to long- term joint business planning
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with service providers and other key stakeholders
- Manage ongoing building projects such as, refurbishments, dilapidations and office moves
- Drive and adhere to the Safety & Security culture, Sustainability agenda and workplace standards in Workplace & Travel Services
- Contribute to various policies for Workplace, Fleet and Travel e.g. travel policy, fleet policy, Health and Safety
- Escalate un-resolved issues to WTS Global Lead and/or local General manager where applicable
- Run user and client service perception surveys and address issues, if any
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead Workplace & Travel Services organisational, project and service delivery transformation across the region aligned to the outcome of the TeaCo proposed setup and the medium/longer term overall Workplace Services strategy
- Be accountable for day-to-day service delivery in line with established service levels, whether provided by a third party or in-house by TeaCo
- Manage day to day operations of service provider(s) across the geography
- Resolve performance and quality issues, escalating to Global WTS Lead and/or local General management where required, ensuring timely resolution
- Deliver harmonisation and continuous improvement projects aimed at improving cost and service level
- Identify trends and actions to address where appropriate
- Ensure accuracy of financial targets and relevant property data and deliver accordingly
- Identify opportunities to improve understanding of the business requirements and adoption of the services and work with key stakeholders and clients to develop and implement plans to address these opportunities
- Ensure timely and accurate performance reporting
- Suggest reporting, changes and improvements to metrics SLA's, KPI's, etc
- Facilitate regular performance reviews with service providers and/or insourced operations teams with geography leadership teams, holding both the supplier(s) and the supplier accountable for their part in successful delivery
Stakeholder Management & Key Interfaces:
- The scope of the role is regional with TeaCo presence in Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East (including Turkey) across approx. 15+ countries for small office spaces, travel and fleet. Some support for Supply Chain maybe required.
- Key contacts and interfaces are Global WTS Lead (reporting into), procurement, finance, general management, HR, and IT at both local and regional (management unit) levels
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Strong background in Service Operations (+5-7 years' experience), preferably in an Integrated Facilities Management capacity
- Experience and knowledge about best practices, contracting methods, SLAs, KPI, etc.
- Is capable of developing strategies and developing/executing programs to make them happen.
- As part of a global unit, this professional must have had exposure to the challenges of running at least regional / subregion operations.
- Experience in managing multiple building projects.
- Experience in working with different cultures within and across geographies.
- Experience in managing financial budgets and driving cost efficiencies.
- Experience in engaging key senior level stakeholders at a corporate centre level.
- Experience in Corporate Real Estate and/or relevant experiences in supporting HR Services, Workplaces, Finance, IT and other critical service delivery operations.
- Experience in management of third-party service providers.
- Experience in managing in-sourced operations teams.
What we are looking for:
- Analytical and organizational skills to lead discussions with board members in country(ies)
- Financial acumen and working knowledge of financial budgeting and accounting
- Leadership capability to create and lead a complex transformation
- Demonstrated Project management and change management skills
- Service delivery management experience
- Supplier management
- Strong communication skills
- People leadership skills to set the direction and mindset for both direct and third-party partner
- Ability to influence and manage relationships with senior level stakeholders
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Big Fish Recruitment
Commercial Development Manager - Dairy
Nestle Middle East
Channel Category Sales Development Manager
Nestle Middle East
A Leading Medical Enterprise In The UAE