Job description / Role
• Organizing and supervising the execution of the dredging works for which they are responsible.
• Observing the standards as to quality, safety and environmental care and with as little risk as possible to persons and equipment.
• Scheduling the deployment of personnel, dredging vessels, auxiliary equipment and subcontractors.
• Ensuring that all legal and contractual requirements are complied with as far as the execution of dredging works is concerned.
• Ensuring that the works assigned to him are executed safety and without risks for the health, quality and environment, both according to the customer's requirements and those of the company.
• Reporting to Head Office Selecting the most suited staff for executing the dredging works, in consultation with the HR Department.
• Reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office.
• Daily reporting to and consultation with the Project Manager, the Project Team and the Head office on the operational activities, more in particular on the progress of the works for which he is responsible.
• Reporting of accidents or particular events.
• Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations.
• A Masters in Marine, Civil Engineering, Dredging, Ocean Engineering, Harbour Engineering is a must.
• GCC experience preferred but not essential.
• Ideally 10 years experience on similar projects with 3 years spent in a Works Manager capacity.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.