Job description / Role
Assist the Teacher with setting up of simulators and/or trainers to perform specific tasks and contribute to student development during workshop practical sessions as instructed / assigned by the Programme manager
• Consult with his supervisor on a daily basis regarding workload for the specific day.
• Keep inventory of all laboratory and workshop equipment, materials and tools.
• Ensure adequate materials and tools are available for students to carry out performance tasks.
• Ensure the laboratory equipment is available for use and in a fully functional condition.
• Hand out materials and tools to students to carry out specific practical tasks and ensure the said materials and tools are handed back after the tasks have been completed.
• Assist the Trainer/Lecturer with setting up of simulators and/or trainers to perform specific tasks.
• Assist with supervision during students practical tasks (if and when required).
• Assist supervisor with student performance assessments.
• Installation and wiring of boards for demonstration purposes.
• Mounting of materials/tools on boards for demonstration purposes.
• Assist with student supervision during examination periods.
• Contribute to student development during workshop practical sessions.
• Contributes and participates in the effective use simulators, trainers, tools and other laboratory equipment.
• Repair and maintain all equipment, and appliances (i.e., high voltage transformers, switchgear, motors, controls, etc.)
• Prepares estimates for work orders and requests material required (if and when required).
• Understands and complies with all STS Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Lead Teacher / Senior Coordinator.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• Minimum of 2 years industrial experience with Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, HHVAC, Welding, Instrumentation & Control, Civil Engineering, etc.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience as a workshop
• Preferably a Bachelor Degree in Technology or Engineering (Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, HVAC, Welding, Instrumentation and control, Civil Engineering)
• Trained in all aspects of Safety and conversant with the current legislation of the OSH.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and Schematics
• Computer Literate
• Arabic speakers only
• IELTS Academic 6.0
• Teaching/Training experience: 2-3 years
In return, you will receive:
• Basic Salary: AED 7475/-
• Supplementary Allowance: AED 8525/-
• Yearly one ticket for the employee only
• Medical Insurance for Employee, spouse and up to 3 children (they must be under employee's sponsorship and lives in UAE)
• Mobilization ticket for employee only
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results