Job description / Role
Dragon Recruiting has a fantastic opportunity for X-Ray Technician to work with one of the prestigious healthcare organization in UAE.
Dragon Recruiting is an International Recruitment and HR Consultants with two corporate offices in London and Dubai and over 50 representative offices across 8 regions of the world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• X-ray technicians, also known as radiologic technologists, are medical support professionals who specialize in the operation of x-ray equipment.
• Before a procedure, x-ray technicians meet with the patient to discuss their medical history and answer any questions they might have.
• Then, they position the patient and the equipment in a way that protects patient safety, and they take images of all parts of the body that the doctor requested. Afterward, technicians may discuss the images with the ordering physician to determine if they are clear enough, or if more images are necessary for the doctor to make a diagnosis and/or develop a treatment plan for the patient. Between procedures, technicians maintain x-ray equipment to ensure that it is in good working order.
• As an x-ray technician, you receive instructions from doctors regarding the x-rays patients require.
• You are responsible for getting clear imaging results, which requires proper use of the equipment and keeping patients calm and informed throughout the x-ray procedure.
• If a patient has any questions or concerns about the procedure, you can provide answers and assistance.
• You must comply with the safety regulations involving the use of radiation to protect yourself, patients and other staff members from over-exposure to radiation.
• To lessen radiation risks, you will use a technique called patient-shielding, which involves placing lead shields or aprons on parts of a patient's body that aren't being photographed.
• Alternatively, you may adjust x-ray beams so they cover a limited area.
• You must also position the radiographic machinery so it is at a proper distance, angle and height from the patient.
• Other duties include keeping equipment in good working order, maintaining patient records and developing exposed radiographs.
• You may use portable x-ray equipment to conduct x-rays in patients' hospital rooms. Some x-ray technicians specialize in areas such as computed tomography (CT) scanning, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and mammography.
• Excellent benefits as per company policy
• Degree Level
• Certificate or associate degree; bachelor's or master's for advancement Degree Field(s) X-ray technician program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or another accrediting agency approved, License/Certification required
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR DATA
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.