Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Zone Construction Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the project team and contractors in the delivery of their respective scopes of work to meet quality, schedule and cost.
• Evaluating, giving comments and approving contractor’s construction deliverables to ensure that such deliverables appropriately run the execution of the work within the contract.
• Monitoring the contractor progress in the execution of their work to ensure the contract scope is being executed in a timely manner to achieve the contract milestones.
• Managing the contractors to minimise risk of health, safety and environmental incident or issue with the goal being to manage with a “zero accidents” philosophy.
• Resolving construction issues on site in a timely manner.
• Ensuring the provision of construction input into the scope definition phase of the gateway process to manage projects including constructability reviews, recommendations on construction methods and etc.
• Providing interface coordination between different contractors on the project, including contractors appointed by third party stakeholders.
• Inspecting completed portions of the work to verify construction completion prior to transfer of responsibilities to the handover and inspection requirements.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 8 years’ postgraduate experience is essential for client approval.
• Building project experience is essential for client approval.
• Managing a multi-cultural team.
• Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong influential abilities.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• A member of relevant professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.