The Electronic Engineering with Management MSc combines the development of advanced electronic engineering skills with a study of modern management techniques and their application to engineering projects. The course will prepare you for a management pathway in a related industry.
- Located in central London, giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS), the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Opportunities to focus on advanced digital signal processing and communication principles as well as management skills while studying theoretical and practical electronic engineering and management topics.
- Frequent access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling you to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in electronic engineering and related fields.
- The Department of Informatics has a reputation for delivering research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
Who should take this course
Bachelors degree with a minimum high 2:2 honours in electronics, electrical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or physics.
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
You are required to take:
- Project Management (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing (15 credits)
- Topics on Data & Signal Analysis (15 credits)
- Principles of Management (15 credits)
- Individual Project (60 credits)
In addition, you are required to take 60 credits from a range of optional modules, which may typically include:
- Operations Management (15 credits)
- Telecommunications Networks I (15 credits)
- Digital Communications (15 credits)
- Optical Communications (15 credits)
- Random Variables & Stochastic Processes (15 credits)
- Communication Theory (15 credits)
- Mobile & Personal Communications Systems (15 credits)
- Telecommunications Networks II (15 credits)
- Network Theory (15 credits)
- Pattern Recognition, Neural Networks and Deep Learning (15 credits)
- Real Time Systems & Control (15 credits)
These modules are not available if you have previously studied in the Department of Informatics and have already taken this module at Level 6. King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study.
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.