Graduate Diploma in Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts is a one year pre-masters course that prepares you for further study in this exciting area of practice. The course is for students who have a BA but perhaps not necessarily in this subject area and wish to progress to MA level. It is designed to help support the development of your illustration knowledge and skills. You will learn how to apply and adapt your current creative methods of practice in this context.
Who should take this course
What you can expect:
- An introduction to the fundamental principles of illustration through a wide range of image making approaches. These will include text interpretation, narrative and sequence development, character design and understanding image, tone and pace
- To combine skills you already have with illustration ones you will gain.
- This will make you a more confident and capable illustrator and visual communicator
- To think and make in an open, experimental way
- To develop a practice that has a contemporary and global context
- An introduction to research and design methodologies and principles of skills application
- A series of projects that will help you work towards the development and execution of an individual programme of study. This will allow you to identify personal and sustainable directions in your creative practice
- To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops.
Fees & Funding:
Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.