Graduate Diploma Photography will help you enter the field of photography and work at the cutting edge of contemporary practice. You will build a foundation of technical skills, from analogue to the latest digital technologies and develop professional skills through set course projects. Finish the course with a high-quality portfolio, a strong conceptual approach and personal identity to your practice.
Five reasons to apply:
- Our strong relationships with industry provide opportunities for students outside of the course structure. Previous external professional projects include collaborating with London Fashion Week and working with Canon Cameras, Genesis Imaging, Capture One - Phase One and The Flash Centre.
- An introduction to key industry contacts including camera and lighting manufacturers, bespoke printers, post-production companies, photographic organisations, photographic professionals, gallery owners and seasoned art buyers.
- An opportunity to gain awareness of the varying demands of the differing markets, which comprise the international professional photographic industry.
- A structured timetable that focuses on the technical and professional skills needed in contemporary photography practice including optional choices, combining taught and independent study.
- An opportunity to study professional photography in the rich international cultural and professional context of London College of Communication, with its long-established courses, guest speaker programmes, research culture and industry networks.
Who should take this course
Graduate Diploma Photography will give you the practical skills you'll need to define yourself as a leading photographer. You will be encouraged to develop a strong conceptual approach to your personal practice & to achieve a more defined identity within your work.
Building on the rich heritage of photography teaching at London College of Communication, Graduate Diploma Photography will open a variety of career opportunities in professional photography. You will gain an invaluable understanding of the photography industry and the business aspect of professional photography. The course will introduce you to key contacts and help you to build relationships.
During your studies, you'll work towards developing a high-quality portfolio suitable for presentation when approaching clients for future commissions or industry roles. In addition, you'll work on set and self-initiated projects which promote learning through discovery, interaction and response to change.
For those wishing to continue their study, the theory and research elements of the course will also prepare you for continued learning at Masters level. The Graduate Diploma in Photography is taught within the Media School at LCC.
Fees & Funding:
Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.