This course has places available for UK and EU applicants.
Graduate Diploma in Textile Design at Chelsea College of Arts is a one year pre-masters course which prepares you for further study in this area of practice.
The course is designed for students who have a BA but perhaps not necessarily in this subject area and wish to progress to MA level. It is designed to help support the development of your textile design knowledge and skills. You will learn how to apply and adapt your current creative methods of practice in this context.
Who should take this course
What you can expect:
- An introduction to key elements of textile design in the context of historical and contemporary theory
- Project-led learning based around transferable and professional skills
- To learn specific textile processes
- To improve your use of conceptual, production and critical skills within the design process
- Input from professional practitioners
- Group crits, workshops, seminars and discussions
- A lecture programme exploring contemporary practice, sustainability and cultural contexts
- Personal and professional development integrated into the course. This will include talks with industry practitioners, career management and postgraduate progression seminars
- Opportunities to develop your skills through bespoke sessions
- To have access to Chelsea's shared workshops.
Fees & Funding:
- Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.