MA Designer Maker at Camberwell College of Arts is aimed at practitioners with well-developed workshop skills who are seeking to pursue a critical and reflective approach to their practice. You will explore the position of the designer and maker within contemporary culture and society. Students on the course come from applied arts, design and fine art backgrounds.
Course Leader Maiko Tsutsumi talks about MA Designer Maker at Camberwell.
Who should take this course
This course is subject to re-validation. Re-validation is a process that makes sure students get a high quality academic experience. During re-validation there maybe be some changes to course content and structure. Please contact us if you have any questions about this course.
What you can expect:
- To develop a project from proposal to final exhibition
- To explore new and existing materials and processes
- Seminars and discussions that cover a wide range of subjects. These include material culture studies, anthropology, philosophy, sustainability, consumerism, museum studies, psychology and literature
- Visits to collections, makers' studios, galleries and museums
- To engage with contemporary debates in applied arts, design and object-based art. This will be through the development of a personal project
- To explore human-object relationships and the meaning of making
A lecture programme:
- To produce a wide range of works during the course and for the final show. Work has included lighting, ceramics, furniture, jewellery and small-scale sculpture installations
- To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops.
Fees & Funding:
- Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.