This dynamic fashion retail management course is for students aspiring to enter a career in omnichannel fashion retailing, to shape current and future international fashion retailing strategy and operations.
The course offers essential retail management knowledge, international retailing expertise, brand development and creative direction skills demanded by fashion retailers operating in an increasingly competitive and global environment. The course encourages critical thinking and cultivates an ability to deal with a range of contemporary issues in fashion retailing.
Great reasons to apply:
- Graduates develop successful global careers in retail management, including buying and merchandising, retail operations, brand management, international business development and retail analysis
- Academically rigorous, leading to some graduates pursuing higher level research degrees
- The course pioneers strong industry collaboration projects as well as partnerships with leading international institutions in the field
- Regular industry integration informing new thinking and expertise in the field
- Fashion Retail Management students visit Gentle Monster's flagship
- Fashion Retail Management students have breakfast at MatchesFashion Townhouse
- Fashion Retail Management students visit the Shop at Bluebird with the Brand Director
Who should take this course
MA Fashion Retail Management encourages curiosity, critical thinking and cultivates an ability to deal with a range of contemporary issues in fashion retailing. It embraces leaders from industry, who share their insights on what is happening in fashion retail today, partners with industry on live projects and undertakes industry visits both locally and internationally.
Why apply for this course:
- One of the very few specialist Fashion Retail Management Masters courses available
- Bridges the gap between management and creativity
- Balances academic theory with practice
- Industry integration drives relevancy and dynamism
- Creative Retail Spaces unit is unique and distinctive from others
- The course has strong employability opportunities on graduation
- The course has an industry reputation for relevance
- The course has an excellent reputation with students
- Fashion Retail Management (20 credits)
- Fashion Branding (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)
- International Retailing Strategies (20 credits)
- Creative Retail Spaces (20 credits)
- Collaborative Unit (20 credits) - find out more
- Masters Project (60 credits)
Fees & Funding:
- Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.