MA Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts demands strong voices and entrepreneurial image-makers who can tell their own stories.
The course will focus on originality and authorship. The aim is to encourage visual thinking, research skills and storytelling ability. Alongside these you will develop your entrepreneurial qualities, communication and professional skills. Through ambitious projects you will build on the skills you already have. You will also have wider interaction with the artistic community. Course Leader Janet Woolley talks about MA Illustration at Camberwell.
Who should take this course
This course is subject to re-validation. Re-validation is a process that makes sure students get a high quality academic experience. During re-validation there maybe be some changes to course content and structure. Please contact us if you have any questions about this course.
What you can expect:
- To test and apply critical and practical skills
- To consider how to develop your practice and any new directions you may take
- A series of workshops, discussion groups, and one-to-one tutorials. These will help develop a proposal for an ambitious and engaging project
- Lecture programme, practitioner visits and seminars
- Visits to museums and to engagement with London's creative environment
- You will be encouraged to take part in exhibitions, competitions and commissions.
- Previous collaborations have been with Wellcome Trust, Blackhall Studios as well as Purestone digital marketing agency
- To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops. View the Camberwell facilities
Fees & Funding:
- Home / EU fee -
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.