Our Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Control MSc will enable you to develop your expertise in the quality assurance and quality control of products as molecular entities. The course has a strong scientific approach, and we have specifically designed it to improve the skills of pharmacists and other chemical graduates. You will have the opportunity to work with leading experts on projects in our research-focused labs, where you will gain hands-on experience with the latest techniques and instruments.
- We are ranked 9th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018).
- Well-equipped laboratories give you lots of 'hands-on' time for a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- Located in the centre of London in an institute that is renowned for its international research profile.
- You will learn about Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and regulatory affairs, which are crucial when working in industry.
- Opportunity to undertake an extended project of your choosing in the labs of internationally- rated scientists.
Who should take this course
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry and/or Pharmacy, further graduate study or appropriate work experience may also be taken into account.
Courses are divided into modules. You will normally take modules totalling 180 credits.
You are required to take:
- Core Analytical Sciences (15 credits)
- Advanced Analytical Techniques, Numerical Methods and Regulatory Affairs (15 credits)
- Principles of Drug Delivery and Drug Disposition (30 credits)
- Research Project (60 credits)
- Advanced Spectroscopic, Instrumental, Chemical and Bioanalytical Techniques (30 credits)
- Advanced Separation Science, Quality Control and Regulatory Matters (30 credits)
Part-time students will study Core Analytical Sciences (15 credits), Analytical Techniques, Numerical Methods, Regulatory Affairs (15 credits) and Advanced Separation Science, Quality. Control and Regulatory Matters (30 credits) in their first year and the remaining modules in subsequent years, except the research project will run across both Years 1 and 2.
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to- date, innovative and relevant courses of study
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.