Job description / Role
Privately owned Construction business based outside of Bridgend – Wales is looking to appoint a Finance Manager to report directly into the Managing Director .Company turns over in the region of £20 Million at present within the Utilities & Gas sector of Construction .
• The ideal candidate will have experience of working for a Civil Engineering business ideally a Sub Contractor, be professionally qualified and should have experience in team management.
• In return, as well as working in an outstanding office environment, you will join a company whose culture reflects enthusiasm, loyalty, resourcefulness, energy and respect .
• Employees are treated very well and this can be seen from the long term commitment and loyalty from many key members (10-15 Years +).
• The culture is very organic in growth and its not often the business needs to go external on an appointment. We must have been offered numerous teas & coffees whilst we visited the head office , it was clear there is a real feel good factor and friendly atmosphere ( Not a quiet library type environment).
• Its essential that we not only find the person with the right technical ability but also someone with the right personality to get good buy in from the teams
With projects nationwide ranging in value from £5k to £250,000 there can be 150-200 Live Sites at any time . Our client is looking for someone to implement , manage and drive all finance and cost management relating to spend across 2 Divisions.
GBP 5,000 to 7,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• You will take a proactive approach to all aspects of finance relating to spend and cost across the business. The office atmosphere is lovely with a family atmosphere with dress down days , regular office socials and annual events for the 45 Staff within the Head Office.
• Our client is looking for someone that has the following :
• Hands on management experience of finance & accounts teams
• Confident and strong communicator
• Ability to interpret cashflow and raise awareness of risk and issues early
• Happy to lead from the front with drive and passion at work
• Ability to help the finance process and really make a difference
• Come up within initiative process and always look to make things slicker and more user friendly within the business
Main accounting policies & procedures
• This business has a great atmosphere with a very flat management structure with the Managing Director keeping an open door policy for all the staff.
• We can tell from visiting the company that people stay long term and grow with the business as they are treated extremely well from pay , holidays , company cars and loyalty schemes for senior management. This is a far cry from a large corporate business and is very well suited to the straight talkers of the industry. The company has 20 Years of success behind them and another 20 successful years ahead .
• This is an exciting challenge and the Finance Manager will be expected to manage all financial reporting across the business, managing annual budgets and forecasts, supporting the audit process, ensuring continual compliance with statutory obligations and proving first-class management information on a regular basis as part of the continual improvement that the company strives for.
This employer has a very strong track record and are cash positive so this is an exciting role for someone based in the South Of Wales and this role is appealing or your looking to relocate then we want to hear from you. Please apply with a full CV and contact details . Rest assured your application is 100% confidential so to have a refreshing honest conversation regards the role please apply now.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.