Health & Safety Advisor
Job description / Role
Our Client is a joint venture between two of Europe's most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, delivering civil engineering works to projects over the UK. Our Client is currently looking for Health & Safety Advisors to join them on a Heavy Civils project in the South West.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
• Able to guide and support their allocated project/establishment by giving robust HS&E advice and able to coach in HS&E matters.
• Able to deputise for the HSE Manager when required to do so.
• Able to mentor HSE Advisers
• Able to transfer between the clients work areas if required to do so
• Ensuring that the clients Project Values are understood and complied with
• Has the aptitude to identify hazards or deficiencies, ability to rate and rank risk to enable effective evaluation and communication of any required actions.
• Has experience of conducting inspections and audits of projects, establishments and offices, and ensuring these are undertaken in compliance with the compliance monitoring programme.
• Able to carry out investigations and produce thorough and comprehensive reports that address the underlying issues and not just the end result (i.e. the injury / damage)
• Monitors compliance ensures projects are implementing the relevant parts of the clients Safety Management Systems (SMS) and identifies corrective action where required.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
• Able to coach the project team in key HSE project risks
• Understands the benefits of using the “behavioural” tools as a part of a continuous improvement cycle.
• Must have relevant experience of the Construction Industry in particular heavy civil construction projects, with knowledge of reinforced concrete, rebar and temporary works.
• Must have knowledge of the UK Construction Industry and previously worked on projects in the UK.
• Has a good understanding of relevant HS&E legislation and is able to interpret the requirements of this legislation as applicable to the Project activities
• Has sufficient environmental knowledge to be able them to support the clients environmental agenda
• IOSH Managing Safely in Construction or SMSTS
• NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate as a minimum
• Member of Professional Body eg. IOSH at Tech IOSH minimum
About the Company
Savile Lloyd is a leading provider of construction professionals to the International market.
We offer a thorough and professional service to both our clients and our candidates.
Through our extensive experience and development of key relationships we have been able to provide an understanding of the construction industry and to be flexible in differing markets.
With a highly experienced team we are able to provide a professional service that keeps clients retaining our services for future vacancies.
Health & Safety Engineering Expert
Health & Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Officer
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)