HV Technical Manager
Job description / Role
HV Technical Manager
Are you looking for a great opportunity to go client side and join a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects? They are on a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy and with solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, they are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth.
We are looking for an experienced HV Technical Manager to focus on the technical support and management of HV electrical systems (solar related). You will work closely with both the Engineering and Technical Teams as well as the O&M managers teams and we are looking for someone with the following experience:
• Working knowledge of Electrical Standards applying to Cables, Switchgears and Transformers
• Working knowledge and/or experience in primary and secondary voltage injection tests
• Experience of working in the HV Sector with a background in the design of new connections, general HV infrastructure or control protection.
• Knowledge of H&S Regulations – ESQCR, EaW, HaSaW
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the ENA Safety Rules
• A strong working knowledge of mechanical and materials engineering principles and their relevance in electrical equipment failures.
• Senior Authorised person / Control Engineer experience
• Demonstrable experience in HV & LV substation design and commissioning
• Electrical or Mechanical engineer with experience preferably in industrial Solar large-scale PV plants
• Previous experience in a DNO or experience with the grid connection request process is highly desirable.
The Plus Points
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and very exciting company in the renewable energy sector. This a home based role with travel as required and a generous salary package is on offer. There are also excellent prospects for progression for the successful applicant.
GBP 80,000 to 85,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + benefits
• Degree or professional qualification preferably in relevant engineering discipline. (Electrical engineering would be of advantage). (Desirable)
• HNC in Electrical Power Engineering
• C&G High voltage operational safety
• Professional qualification preferably in relevant engineering discipline e.g. CEng, IEng (Desirable)
• NEBOSH certificate in construction health and safety or similar (Desirable)
• CMI or ILM Level 5 in leadership and management or similar (Desirable)
• Clean UK valid driving licence.
About the Company
As recruiters for the Construction and Architecture sectors since 2010, we have seen a fair rate of change in the construction jobs market.
In whatever form that change has taken place Velocity has been a constant for quality, integrity and delivery.
Velocity’s no nonsense approach ensures our clients and candidates receive an excellent service and their recruitment goals are achieved.