Job description / Role
Investment Analyst - London
The Analyst will work directly with the Investment Director based in the London office, as well as with the rest of the team in Dubai, through daily calls and other communications.
The Analyst’s time will be split between research projects, working with other team members to develop analytics to assess investment opportunities and funds, and to monitor the portfolio’s investments, and produce reports. In addition, the Analyst will help coordinate with external parties and internal operations to ensure the smooth execution of transactions.
This is an important position within a tightly knit team at the beginning of its operation, and provides scope to grow in role as the portfolio expands. It is suitable for an Analyst who has experience in the investment industry, buy or sell-side or major consultant, and who feels comfortable networking within the investment management industry.
• Help design and prepare a detailed analysis of the portfolio, including aggregating information into management level presentations and liaising with outside providers of portfolio reports such as consultants and banks.
• Assist the Investment Director in monitoring and managing existing investments in cooperation with outside consultants, including utilizing portfolio optimization and efficient frontier techniques.
• Perform market and economic research and analysis to support or invalidate the case for asset class, geographic or industry opportunities on a relative and absolute basis. Explore correlations and stability of relationships between variables. Help with modelling the characteristics of specific funds, in conjunction with outside consultants.
• Screen and research funds and managers in the major asset classes seeking best in class candidates for the portfolio in the context of 1.2.3.
• Help research target companies/direct real estate opportunities in terms of their financial statements, cash-flow analysis and valuations, and analyze pitches received for new investment opportunities.
• Compile materials for recommendations to the Executive Committee, including for assets to be divested out of portfolio.
• Meet with fund managers, brokers and company executives and assist in due diligence of opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
• 5 years working experience within a reputable investment manager, institutional investor, bank, family office or consultant.
• Detail orientated and accurate, with sophisticated level of quantitative and analytical skills including advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Familiarity with relevant analytical techniques (e.g. DCF analysis, portfolio optimization, fund analytics) and with Bloomberg or equivalent data sources.
• Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest solutions. Some aptitude to interpret financial, technical and legal documents an advantage.
• Understand general finance, accounting, leasing and capital markets concepts.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize quantitative financial analysis into concise written and verbal reports.
• Highly motivated team player with sense of initiative and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
• Degree from a reputable university.
About the Company
We are a leading employer in the MENAT region (Middle East, North Africa & Turkey) and our inherent values guide the way we work with our business partners, within our communities, and with each other. We want our employees to both feel a sense of pride, and to feel part of our journey to global success. We have created a culture where ideas can blossom, people can thrive, and success can flourish. The breadth and depth of our businesses means we’re able to offer a wealth of opportunities across a number of diverse sectors worldwide. We have the potential to open doors to your future.