Job description / Role
My client, a leading global Design studio is seeking a Senior FF& E Designer for their London office.
You will be working closely with the Interiors team and all Designers to develop the FF&E concept in conjunction with the Principals and Project Managers and to ensure the project budget and programmes are met. You will be responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with the team to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
- Serve as principal contact with Purchasing Agent.
- Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
- Direct and review furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant's drawings.
- Coordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required).
- Coordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
- Work with Job Captain and Project Manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation / work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees.
- Be familiar with the project contract and contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
- Coordinate with Project Manager in producing finishes schedules.
- Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- Direct education of Junior FF&E Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- Work with Project Manager and Client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget.
- Participate in presentations and insure the format is compatible Client standards.
- Develop and maintain FF&E budget.
- Develop FF&E specification for documentation.
- Direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required).
- A basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.