Job description / Role
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Berkshire (Lodge paid for those working away from home)
Company: Tier 1 Global Contractor
Are you a solid Senior QS with a history of commercially delivering major Infrastructure projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to join and deliver a major, complex Highways Construction scheme ? Then a role within a Global, Market leading, Tier 1 Contractor could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit an exceptional Senior Quantity Surveyor to successfully lead, drive and deliver the busy Commercial team on a major SMART Motorways scheme, involving complex structures, earthworks, new roads, and roadworks.
The successful candidate will have a good level of Commercial experience, preferably with a Main Contractor and will ideally have a suitable qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction related subject.
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other parties on Commercial issues
- Manage Procurement process
- Be responsible for the entire project
- Provide training and support for junior commercial and operational staff
- Manage and control subcontract packages and change
- Solid Commercial background ideally from a Contractor organisation
- Suitable Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Ideally Chartered or going through the process
- Good knowledge and understanding of NEC Contracts
- In return for being a successful candidate you will be offered a competitive salary, depending on experience plus an attractive benefits package. Lodge and subsistence will be paid for those who work away from home.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the market leaders in this field.
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.