Job description / Role
• Program and project management
• Oversee and lead large, complex projects
• Work closely with client user groups in coordinating their specific requirements.
• Demonstrate a focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Proactively manage project-related issues and mitigate risks.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project management technology as required for assigned projects.
• Develop scope, budget and schedule for assigned projects.
• Conduct and document meetings.
• Interact and negotiate with consultants and contractors.
• Prepare and update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financial controls.
• Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
• Manage ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting and construction management
• Assemble and manage the required teams of consultants and contractors.
• Negotiate contracts with each team firm
• Interface with consultants, architects, contractors, client staff, property owners and vendors
• Maintain excellent client relationships.
• Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
• Develop and maintain relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
• May perform business development activities including assisting with sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets
• Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.).
• Assist in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
• Assist in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for successful project implementation.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
• An advanced degree is an advantage.
• Minimum 15 years of relevant and progressive work experience in project management with specific knowledge of industrial design and construction.
• Experience leading and running numerous projects simultaneously
• Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional owners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
• Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
• Ability to understand all aspects of projects including budgeting, scheduling, and close-out
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members
• Ability to review and interpret plans and specifications from schematic designs through CDs
• Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice
• Ability to assist with business development
• Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients
• A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real estate
• Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service
• Ability to manage several medium and large ground-up development projects, major re-development projects, & tenant interiors projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy
• Highly organized with strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software
Desired Project Experience:
• Automated distribution center
• Heavy manufacturing
• Pharmaceutical distribution
• Food distribution – cooler/freezer
• Light assembly manufacturing
• Food production
• Ambient bulk distribution and cross dock
Hours | Travel:
• Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.