Job description / Role
VP / Director Finance - London
Gulf Connexions has recently established a partnership with one of the leading financial institutions globally. We are currently looking to support our client in identifying a forward-thinking, experienced and driven leader to serve as a Director of Finance based at their London operation. Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer the successful candidate will have oversight over the growing finance team as well as all of the financial activities for the company.
• Prepare, review and approve the bank’s annual operating, cash and capital budgets.
• Support the CFO in strategic Business Analysis and planning.
• Work with the CFO to provide short, medium and long terms forecasts, financial planning and analysis.
• Oversee the financial planning and budgeting processes for the bank.
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Develop and improve the annual budgeting and forecasting;
• Review and approve monthly and annual close.
• Lead, develop and expand the finance and accounting department.
• Minimum 12-15 year’s experience managing the finance department in a large size firm, preferably within the banking and finance industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting.
• MBA and/or CPA/CFA/CA is highly desirable.
• Solid grounding in a large accounting firm or similar is beneficial.
• Strong track record of building a finance function.
• Exceptional analytical, statistical, project management, problem solving, and team leadership skills are required for this role.
• Highly technical aptitude, including a high level of proficiency with EPM systems and accounting software.
• Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
• Able to maintain composure under tight deadlines.
• Success orientated, goal driven professional.
Candidates that apply for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom on a permanent basis. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Applications will be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
LITASCO Middle East DMCC