Contract negotiation is the life-blood of commerce and in today's global business environment it is essential for business managers and company professionals to be able to fully understand the fundamental principalsof international contract law when developing the skills to negotiate deals and agreements in theinternational business environment. This seminar focuses on the development of international business negotiation skills by providing afundamental understanding of the key aspects of international contract law and the distinctive features ofinternational business negotiation.
Who should take this course
Contract professionals, commercial professionals, sales and marketing professionals, project professionals and anyone involved in the negotiation and management of commercial business contracts.
Day 1 Introduction:
- How International Contracting Differs from Domestic Contracting
- Understanding different Legal Systems
- Public Law Private Law and the Constitution
- The Families of Law Civil Law & Common Law
- What Law applies to an International Contract?
- The Contract and the Law
- The Applicable Law
Day 2 Getting it all started - the Letter of Intent:
- When is an agreement a Contract? The Five Tests
- What belongs in a Contract
- The parties to a Contract
- The Main Provisions of a Contract
- Coming into Force
- The Exchange - Scope and Price
- The Exchange Delivery & Payment Clauses
- Settlements of Disputes
- The Warranty
- Letter of Credit
- Contract drafting tips and principals
Day 3 An introduction to Contract Negotiation:
- New Car Contract & Exercise
- Principles of effective Contract Negotiation
- The Six Myths of Negotiation
- Effective contract negotiation
- Preparing for negotiation
- Contract & qualification phrases
- Developing strategies
- Roles in negotiations
- Improving your communication skills
- Mapping routes to agreement
Day 4 The five distinctive features of International Contract Negotiation:
- Applicable Law and Multi Jurisdictional Issues
- Currency Issues
- Governmental Involvement
- Political Risk
- Cultural & Ideological differences
Day 5 Settling Disagreements - Dispute Resolution:
- Contractual & accident default
- Force Majeure
- Re-negotiation contract adaptation
- Mediation conciliation & mini-trial
- Litigation in ordinary courts
- International Business Deals
- Round up and Discussion Session
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.