Job description / Role
259 - Human Resources Business Partner
About the company
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in more than 30 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Human Resources Business Partner
• Play a key role in providing advice and support to the business to ensure that our people decisions are delivering on our operational commitments
• Be challenged in a market-led Rio Tinto business unit with global reach. Great chance to continue to develop your experience within the talent management disciplines
• Permanent | Location: Boron, California
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced HR leader to support the business across a range of HR processes and programmes and become fully embedded in an operational site. Reporting to the HR General Manager, Borates and Lithium, you will be:
• Serving as a strategic partner and proactively supporting leaders to define, build, and improve employee engagement and organizational effectiveness across the sites
• Engaging with leaders and leadership teams to position the need for change in relation to business objectives, and provide support to deliver, manage, and sustain the change
• Collaborating with Areas of Expertise (AoE), People Services (PS), and other internal and external service providers to provide seamless HR support
• Continuously looking for and championing value-adding ideas and tactics that support the overall improvement of the human resources function
• Leading and executing multiple people projects to support all areas of the talent strategy
What you will need for this role
• Strong focus on health, safety and environment; an ability to lead by example
• Demonstrated success in a similar HR business partnering role or progressive experience in roles that have built and tested the competencies required
• Ability to execute on multiple, time-bound initiatives and successfully manage a high level of ambiguity
• Experience in identifying, prioritizing and presenting people data as a way of addressing questions and delivering positive outcomes in recruiting, retention, learning, succession, diversity, and/or employee engagement
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to respond to current and future people related trends, opportunities and risks
• Proven capacity to deliver insightful and practical advice around the development and personal growth of our talent which allows employees to excel
• Experience in and application of contemporary HR systems, processes and platforms
USD 110,000 to 130,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent
• 5+ years human resource business partner experience
• Experience supporting a diverse client group in a complex environment
• Experience in a complex global, matrixed organization desired
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.