Job description / Role
• Provide overall direction for the facility in the areas of safety, regulatory, quality, facilities, capacity planning, and overall vivarium efficiencies and budgets
• Responsible for driving results, optimizing productivity, managing vendor relationships, managing vivarium capital assets and fostering positive employee relations
• Develop and execute the site budget within corporate guidelines
• Providing strategic direction and justification for capital improvements
• Manage all vivarium resources to optimize profitability to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations
• Lead designated global veterinary and/or laboratory animal care program initiatives & strategies. Implement and adhering to all federal, state, local and voluntary accrediting agency animal welfare compliance program regulations, guidelines, and statutes
• Coordinate and maintain a vivarium specific pathogen free (SPF) health monitoring program ensuring and delivering the highest standard possible for our customers
• Create a positive work environment that supports continuous improvement, reinforces company philosophy and policies and diverse and inclusive workforce
• Develop the skills and capabilities of both salaried and hourly team members
• Attractive Salary Package
Core Skills Required:
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask across several areas
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a barrier environment • Strong positive employee relation skills
• Project management capabilities
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience managing a rodent vivarium is required.
• Experience in custom animal model generation and breeding services is preferred.
• Strong computer skills are also required
• Education: Bachelor's of Science in Animal Science or related field preferred
• Experience: Minimum ten (10) years in a laboratory animal facility of which three years is supervisory or management experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements as listed above
• Experience in database use including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician lever (LAT) or higher
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.