Job description / Role
260 - Specialist Marketing
About the Company
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. We’ve led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
We’ve pioneered technological innovations, such as our Mine of the Future™ programme and our low-CO2 aluminium from hydropower. And we’ve paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
We own and operate open pit and underground mines, mills, refineries, smelters, power stations, and research and service facilities. And we use our railways, ports and ships to deliver our products to our customers. Underpinning everything we do is an absolute commitment to safety – for our people, contractors, and the communities and environments in which we operate.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
If you’re interested in launching your career with us, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
• Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
• Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organisation
• We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements
The Specialist Marketing role is responsible for executing the medium to long term commercial strategic plan that maximizes the returns to our company from its Aluminium assets and from non-asset backed market based portfolio. The role helps deliver the commercial strategy through coordination with team members across Marketing, Technical Marketing, Industry Products and Cast House Investment, Portfolio, Key Customer Management and Sales. The Specialist Marketing role helps ensure that the commercial connectivity to customers and their customers are fully optimized.The Specialist Marketing role helps ensure that the commercial connectivity to customers and their customers are fully optimized.
• Provide analysis and make recommendations on the capture of real time customer intelligence and landscape planning
• Provide analysis and make recommendations on the capture of real time competitive intelligence and competitive landscape assessment.
• Support the maintenance of linkages with key strategic customers and their customers to create enhanced proximity to the market and end uses.
• Continually improve the play book / CRM as a tool kit for effective negotiation and optimisation of the Portfolio.
• Support sales excellence forums with clear outlines for Key Customer Management principles and customer intimacy.
• Support the digital transformation forums of profitability assessments to ensure that sales team has the key toolkits for execution to strategy.
• Support the commercial strategy forums to ensure that the commercial strategy and go to market metal strategy are executed according to the defined initiatives for optimal generation of near and long term value.
• Plan, prepare and execute industry related events, associations and manage all brand related activities for the aluminium product group.
• Create opportunities for the commercial team to monetize and execution of the overall strategic platform.
• Undertake market studies to support business opportunities as required.
• Provide marketing input into the formulation of the marketing strategy and objectives, including definition of product and service portfolios, distribution methods, key market and customer segments, customer value propositions and brand management activities
• Participate in improvement projects, such as the integration of new systems or development of new marketing programmes
USD 70,000 to 85,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Strong acumen for sales, marketing, commercial and business development.
• Excellent people skills and an ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
• Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
• Team working and collaboration in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment.
• Analytical skills: strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
• Ability to present complex ideas into simple solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to present concepts and ideas to senior management to seek approvals and endorsement.
• Awareness of the Aluminium metal market will also be well regarded.
• Presentation skills: Ability to present ideas into written communication.
• College/University education: qualifications in Business, Marketing, Commerce or a related discipline are highly desirable
• Language: English (native or mastery) with ability to understand and accept cultural diversity. French language is also highly desirable.
• Other qualifications: Six Sigma; Project management qualification will also be well regarded; proficient in Microsoft Office, with a strong capability in PowerPoint; proficient in Tableau/Power BI.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.