Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Pipeline Argon Arc Welder
JOB TYPE: Contract (Full time)
WORK PERIOD: 40 months
COMPANY AND LOCATION:
The client is a large construction company specialised in construction of industrial and technological facilities in the oil and gas industry. They are one of the recognised leaders in the market of oil and gas development in Central Asia and Russia. The job holder will be based at the project office/ site in Uzbekistan.
Site Construction Manager
- Assemble and install metal pipes and pipe fittings for stainless and carbon steel projects
- Use clamps, brackets, and hangers to secure pipes to structures
- Remove slags and rough spots from workpieces by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth work surface
- Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project
- Clean and prepare workpieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust etc.
- Use heating furnaces to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending
- Cut and shape metal components to set specifications using powersaws, chipping knives or other hand tools
- Fill holes, cracks, and dents on metal workpieces or pipe products
- Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves or angles
- Assemble metal and non-metal pipes and pipe fitting using threading machine
- Study schematics, diagrams, and blueprints in order to determine the layout of pipes
- Measure and fabricate pipe routings to match existing in-line piping systems
- Control and turn valves or regulators to adjust flames and ensure proper use of welding gas
- Wear appropriate protective gear and ensure compliance with established health/safety regulations
- Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problems.
- Work on the project to build infrastructure for the oil and gas industry.
- Relocation to the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Payment for flight, accommodation and meals.
- The operating mode is not shift. Salary is discussed with final candidates
- More than 5 years for gas/refinery/petrochemical plants in EPC Company
- Served as a Pipe Welder with Short Arc Experience.
High school diploma or similar qualification. 3-5 year apprenticeship program with a Labor Union. certification from the American Welding Society (AWS) or other recognized body to demonstrate proficiency in specialized welding processes such as GTAW, FCAW etc.
- Read and interpreted all drawings and schematics affiliated with the job
- Certified to weld carbon steel, copper nickel, and stainless steel in all positions (6G) and restricted (GTAW)
- Knowledgeable in Welding Rig Material and Material Used by Welder, (wire feed, Squares, Levels, etc and Reading of tape Measure)
- Rolling Out Equipment- Jack Stands, Grinders, Buffer, Connecting Extension Cords, Welding Leads, and Measuring Equipment
- Grinding, Buffing Measuring and Cutting 2" and 6" Pipe, "Install" 6" Expansion Loops to pipeline, Prefabricating 6" schedule 40 and schedule 80 Expansion loops (Grinding out Slag, Pin-Holes and Starters, Continuous housekeeping in process)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.