Job description / Role
Strategy and Structure
• Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the company’s vision, mission and values and develop strategies for achieving them.
• Effectively implement the strategy and business model to achieve the financial, commercial and academic goals endorsed by the Board.
• Review and establish an appropriate structure to set up the company’s air cargo business
• Lead, manage and develop the structure and provide strategic direction and support accordingly.
• Provide effective leadership to functional teams and broader Company and promoting the vision of the company to both strengthen it and ensure its sustainability.
• Develop and manage all operational structures and resources to enable the company to achieve its strategic goals.
• Ensuring deployment of resources to enhance profitability and the quality of services
• Lead all Operations activities
• Build operation management system relating to air freight
• Ensures end to end Carrier Management for Airfreight Operations, (i.e. overall Airfreight Procurement, Carrier Relationship Management, Capacity Management, balancing the carrier mix, carrier query resolution as well as management of Carrier Booking transactions).
Compliance, Financial and Reporting
• Work closely with the CFO to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return.
• Provide annual budget and financial plans to the governing board for approval.
• Present quarterly financial management reports and other reports as required.
• Ensure compliance with external regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions.
• Identify and create commercial opportunities to enhance financial performance.
• Demonstrate commitment to high standards and continuous improvement, implement appropriate quality control and associated quality systems.
• Ensure effective implementation of all approved delegations.
• Maintain and enhance the company’s profile and reputation;
• Responsible for internal and external relations; effectively representing the company at all times including attendance at key functions, industry events and public meetings.
• Any other responsibilities as specified by the Board.
• Open to candidates in cargo airlines, or at least a logistics company with their own aircrafts.
• Success in senior level general or executive management, preferably in aviation and air freight supply chain industry
• 20 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources.
• Extensive executive level leadership experience/knowledge of aviation & air freight supply chain industry, including compliance requirements.
• Post graduate qualification/s in a management or related field (MBA highly desirable).
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic, business and management principles and practices.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels
• Evidence of effective and supportive people management skills.
• Highly-motivated self-starter, with a positive, professional attitude, strong work ethic, and critical attention to detail.
• Evidence of strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
• High degree of personal integrity and professional accountability.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.