JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Summary and Purpose:
Lead the development and review of the corporate strategy and business plan, as well as track progress against it and advise on the required actions/changes and continuous improvement activities as needed. The role shall actively contribute cascading corporate strategy into divisional/functional strategies (Finance strategy, IT strategy, Supply Strategy…etc.) in alignment with the corporate overall strategy and ensure all initiatives related to in place for enhancing business excellence and efficiency.
Corporate Planning Key Accountabilities:
• Engage in developing, implementing and improving the short and long-term business plans and corporate strategy according to market needs and wants.
• Assist the business to prioritize initiatives and potential investment opportunities in line with the Corporate direction.
• Lead, and supervise quality audits, self-assessments and reviews to improve strengths and areas of improvements.
• Initiate and organize best practice activities aimed at enhancing business practices through a team approach.
• Influence Corporate Strategy through your team’s collation of industry intelligence, trends, competitor profiling etc. and recommendation of strategic action at a senior level.
• Facilitate and support various departments to develop the corporate strategy down to departments strategic and business plan level.
• Based on set intervals, collect data and report on the achievement of quality plans and suggest appropriate corrective and preventive action where necessary.
• Identifying and fostering innovative initiatives and development programs that would lead to reach organization strategic capabilities and excel among various business functions.
• Support the Risk function in driving their ERM during the planning cycle.
• Research and identifying continual improvement concepts, focusing on standards compliances; quality assurance management.
• Perform any other duty within the context of the job role as will be discussed during interview.
Business Excellence Key Accountabilities:
• Actively participate in cross functional teams to develop and refine the Vision, Mission and strategy of Nakilat, to ensure quality policies and key processes are aligned with Excellence schemes.
• Assist in managing the quality planning for Nakilat and its operating entities/subsidiaries, based on the overall Excellence guidelines, mission and vision of the organization.
• Implement the agreed Quality Measures and reporting methods to track Nakilat compliance plan with the Excellence Model
• Assist in the implementation of a framework for benchmarking and generation of data for best practice
• Assess evidence, data and information that are relevant to the submission document and lead corporate planning Team to prepare the trend analysis.
• Conduct Business Excellence awareness sessions for different business units for identifying the required action plans in terms of business excellence.
• Assist and follow up the assigned actions plans of business units according to implementation plan
• Conduct self-assessment using the RADAR Scoring Matrix
• Support operational teams in delivering excellent customer experience by providing timely and accurate forecasting, resourcing/capacity planning and reporting.
• Take an active role in the development of policies and procedures to ensure that effective check points and balances are included to generate quality output of services and products.
• Research and report the latest and updated "Excellence" knowledge base
• Manage the participation in the Excellence Awards Program
• Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
• Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across the section to ensure that Nakilat provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
• Contribute to the development of the Risk Management division budget and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect Nakilat’s interest.
Systems and Processes:
• Participate in the development of the Risk Management division policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support in the achievement of the different plans according to the Nakilat’s strategy.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Chief Corporate Planning & Risk Officer.
Key Result Areas
• Develop the annual, 3-year and 5-year business planning process from both a strategic and tactical perspective
• Delivery of a comprehensive report on the key activities for Business Excellence such as: Self-Assessment Results based on the Business Excellence Model and Compliance with IMS (Integrated Management Systems), Change Management and Knowledge Management
• Delivery of market specific plans for priority markets within maritime in conjunction with business development
• Deliver specific projects as part of the Corporate Strategy team
• Ensure key corporate targets are achieved such as Revenue Performance, Unit Growth, gross operation profit and
• Customer and Employee metrics
Interactions and Working Relations
• Chief Corporate Planning & Risk to ensure strategic alignment and adopt and embed relevant change management and business excellence disciplines across the business.
• Liaise and Coordinate Line Managers & SMEs to determine continuous improvement goals
• Liaise with the Chiefs regarding the Excellence Program activities.
• Liaise with finance to build budgets and validate results.
• Internal Auditors – to discuss compliance with international standards, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• All other related departments.
• Work with external auditors and other stakeholders as required
• Master’s Degree in business administration/MBA (with focus on corporate strategy and excellence)
• Globally recognized credential certification in Quality and Excellence Assessment Programs such as Six Sigma EFQM, DQG, ISO etc.
• 8 to 15 years of strategy and business excellence experience in a multicultural environment, with exposure of leadership role.
Job Specific Skills:
• Experience in application of strategic planning processes.
• Experience in financial and operational performance processes.
• Experience in overall project management tools and techniques.
• Ability to develop strategy formulation, monitoring and reporting.
• Ability to produce timely, accurate and effective reports.
• Ability to perform control reviews in all areas of business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.