Maintenance/Engineering services are often confronted with equipment from several manufacturers. This course recognises that maintenance personnel cannot build up a profound technical knowledge of all the equipment to be maintained. One needs to have sufficient knowledge of the equipment, coupled with knowledge of the installation to be able to diagnose the problem and then solve the problem.
With regard to PLC's and programming terminals, the engineer needs to be able to access specific parts of the program and to examine the I/O status. Programming and documenting the program is of less importance. The engineers should be capable of making small changes to the program.
Problems are most likely to occur with the installation itself and this is reflected in the PLC. For instance a defective sensor, a badly working cylinder etc. These faults can be investigated via the programming terminal and the signal status can be presented dynamically. This is necessary, because designers are not always able to design their programs to register every possible fault and the potential cause.
Who should take this course
This course is designed for maintenance, plant engineering services personnel who have to identify and solve problems with PLC processors and commission machine changes using the functions of the programming software. The class will cover a selection of PLC technology across the Allen-Bradley (Rockwell Automation), Mitsubishi and Siemens platforms (other platforms on request). The actual selection of technologies covered in any class will be determined dependent upon your specific needs.
- To be able to identify if the PLC is still active and that there are no communication errors with the I/O or other coupled PLC's, HMI panels or SCADA applications
- To determine that the signal of the 'suspected' unit will show at the correct PLC reference.
- To start the programming software.
- To make the internal I/O status of the signal visible:
- to call the 'suspected' section in the program;
- to make timer and counter files visible.
- To read the documentation, understand the structure of the PLC and be aware of the most commonly used PLC instructions.
- To cross reference electrical drawings to a PLC program.
- To make links or to develop connections that change the program conditions. Programming a counter and time measurement is desirable.
- To make small changes to programs.
- To be capable of making an (original) backup of the program and be able to load an new (or a backup copy of the program) into the PLC.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.