Professional Training Course
Although the PLC has been with us for more than forty years, its role in the industrial environment is widely accepted. For many of its early years its role was confined to simple sequence control and interlocking. Later, however, with the advance of increasingly sophisticated microprocessor technology, analog capability - particularly PID control -, and communications, it became an integral part of the PLC functionality. However, the PLC was essentially blind and it was really only with the advent of current generation of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems that the PLC/SCADA took on a new life - competing directly with advanced DCS systems and other advanced automation systems.
This workshop, SCADA and Telemetry Systems, is designed to provide engineers and technicians with the basic theoretical and practical understanding of SCADA systems together with an overview of modern digital communication standards and networks - starting at the basic RS232 standard right through to Modbus over TCP/IP and how this can be applied to optimize their systems in terms of safety, flexibility and costs. The workshop also discusses modern radio links, ranging from application through to troubleshooting, and the use and selection of wireless link devices.
Who should take this course
- Professionals involved in designing, selecting, sizing, specifying, installing, testing, operating and maintaining process instrumentation and control systems
- Automation Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Engineers and Technicians
- Maintenance Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers and Technicians
- Operations Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Project Managers
- System Integrators
- Professionals with little to moderate production facility design and/or operations background
- Other professionals who want a better understanding of the subject matter
On successful completion of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- recognize the different components of a SCADA system
- appreciate the basic principles of data communications
- evaluate the requirements for PLC-to-SCADA communications
- understand the importance of the ISO OSI model
- appreciate the use of wireless communications in the industrial environment
- recognise the various wireless communication standards
- apply radio telecommunications in a practical manner and make use of troubleshooting techniques
- understand the concept of Modbus/Serial and Modbus/TCP
- apply Modbus in a practical manner and make use of troubleshooting techniques
- understand modern SCADA applications and deployments
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.