This is an advanced C# course.
Build a solid foundation in C# learning odd cases related to how the language is designed
This course contains mostly practical puzzles learning which you get a better C# developer. You can find out on the Internet tons of impractical puzzles which don't make you a better C# developer. This is not about this course. Yes of course even impractical puzzles sometimes are helpful especially if you're preparing for a C# interview. However I bet on puzzles which teach you the thing you absolutely need to understand. Indeed this course deepens your understanding of C#. Apart from that you'll learn some very important things like the problem of types substitution. You'll learn about the fundamental problems related to processing date and time values. Believe me you'll be astonished!
This course is built in a manner of a game. I'll show you code examples in Visual Studio and ask to answer the question related to that code example. You'll have some time to come up with your own answer and after that we continue. Puzzles gotchas and cautionary tales are presented here to frighten and inspire you! Regardless of your current skills you'll remember things you've forgotten learn things you didn't know and become a more robust programmer.
So this course is must see for anyone who wants to improve his knowledge of C#.
Here is my Teaching Approach
No fluff no ranting no beating the air. I esteem your time. The course material is succinct yet comprehensive. All important concepts are covered. Particularly important topics are covered in-depth. For absolute beginners I offer my help on Skype absolutely free if requested.
Take this course and you will be satisfied.
Content and Overview
This course is aimed at all kind of developers. It provides solid theoretical base reinforced by the practical material.
In short this advanced C# course covers the following topics:
- The evilness of the mutable structures. You'll see several examples when mutable structures demonstrate the unexpected behavior.
- Generics and arrays including specializations constraints on generics variance and covariance Liskov substitution principle and more
- The pitfalls in arithmetic: how floating-point numbers are implemented how to compare them how arithmetic overflow behaves with different types how rounding works the difference between decimal and money
- Collections and LINQ: how to alter an existing list the deferred execution of LINQ expressions the peculiarities of closures within for and foreach loops list conversion
- Methods and Overloading: overloading base methods method hiding when to prefer property over method; the reasons on why to avoid optional parameters implementing abstract classes
- Date and Time puzzles: concepts related to dates and times including how a computer stores time UTC and GMT time zones global and local perspectives; time-zone related puzzles roundtrips arithmetic on dates how to calculate the age.
- FAQ at C# Interviews: abstract classes versus interfaces how to implement the Dispose pattern what is the difference between encapsulation and information hiding encapsulation in practice strings interning constant versus read-only fields lock versus monitor how to rethrow exceptions when to use StringBuilder instead of string
- And yet a short section of miscellaneous puzzles Enroll and start an exciting journey learning C# puzzles!
- At least basic understanding of C#
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to improve his C#
- Anyone who wants to prepare for a C# interview
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Write code with more confidence
- Avoid Date and Time Pitfalls
- Avoid LSP Violations
- Write more robust code
- Pass C# Interview
- Understand how C# arithmetic works
- Evil Structures
- Generics Arrays LSP and Variance
- Math Puzzles
- Collections and LINQ
- Methods and Overloading
- DateTime Puzzles
- FAQ at Interviews
- Miscellaneous Puzzles
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.