The Diploma in Building an Online Business provides a broad overview of how you can build a successful online business using web and internet technology. It also highlights the benefits, opportunities and challenges associated with conducting business online.
The course begins by introducing you to the concept of e-business, its categories and benefits. You will learn how to assess if a business is ready to start conducting e-business and you will learn about issues that need to be addressed when conducting e-business. You will also learn about services you can use to help your business and the steps involved in creating a web presence. You will learn about the different benefits of online marketing for your business.
Next, you will be given an overview of e-commerce and its categories. You will learn where e-commerce can be applied and the different benefits that come from purchasing and selling online. You will also learn about what you need to consider before integrating e-commerce into your business. You will learn about different features and issues associated with selling products and services online, and about options to consider when you have decided to sell online.
Next, you will learn about the variety of issues that need to be addressed once a company has decided to conduct e-business. You will be introduced to a range of services that are available for businesses in order to deal with these issues and conduct e-business successfully. You will learn the importance of creating a web presence for your business and the steps and options involved in doing so. You will learn about different types of e-commerce solutions, websites and popular e-commerce trends.
The course continues by teaching you about the different elements of a dynamic website and how to plan for creating a dynamic website. You will learn about different areas that need to be considered when creating a website for your business. You will learn about different types of social media and how a business should engage with social media. You will learn the different ways for preparing and sharing social media content. You will learn how to measure social media engagement using popular social media platforms.
Finally, you will be introduced to the process of social media advertising and the rules you should follow for successful social advertising. You will learn about social advertising platforms and what they can offer your business. You will learn about using online display advertising for any ad campaigns your business may have. You will learn about different approaches to online display advertising that you can choose from to suit your business's needs. You will be introduced to the process of search engine optimisation which involves optimising your website to ensure relevant visitors find it. You will learn how to use search engine optimisation effectively with your website. You will also learn pitfalls and barriers that are involved with search engine optimisation.
This Diploma in Building an Online Business will be of great interest to business professionals in small-to-medium enterprises, entrepreneurs and anyone who wants to build a successful online business in the modern digital world.
Who should take this course
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Define the term e-business and the different categories of e-business;
- Discuss ways e-business can help a business;
- Define the term e-commerce;
- Describe different types of e-commerce;
- Describe the features involved with setting up an online store;
- Discuss security and privacy issues that may arise when conducting e-commerce;
- Discuss the need for a dynamic web presence;
- Describe different elements of a dynamic website;
- Discuss the different benefits to online advertising;
- Discuss the benefits of social media marketing;
- Discuss approaches to mobile marketing;
- Describe Twitter, Facebook, blogs, LinkedIn, YouTube and their useful features;
- Describe what is meant by social advertising;
- Discuss the rules of social advertising;
- Discuss different social advertising platforms and what they offer;
- Discuss the key concepts of online display advertising;
- Describe different approaches to online display advertising;
- Describe the process of search engine optimization;
- Discuss best practices, pitfalls and barriers for search engine optimization;
- Describe ways in which to implement search engine optimization;
- Discuss ways in which to test the effectiveness of search engine optimization.
All course materials are included in the course fee
All our qualifications are assessed on the basis of written course works.
About Course Provider
City Business School offers students a well-balanced college experience via online courses. We are nimble enough to honor your individual needs as a student while our years of experience provides exceptional online training that will help you achieve your career and life goals. At CBS, we get to know you and celebrate your successes. Then, we help you turn those successes into a fulfilling career.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.