International tourism is a vital part of the economy of many countries and with its continued growth the tourist industry will provide many employment opportunities for individuals with the appropriate skills and qualifications. This course allows you combine the study of many aspects of international tourism.
The course describes the formation of the tourist industry as well as outlining its sectors and employment opportunities. It then explains the needs of both business and pleasure travelers and the ways that tourism businesses/destinations can market themselves effectively. The final section explains how the tourist industry packages and sells tourism products through retail and online channels.
This online course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to develop a career path in the tourist industry and who would like a qualification that combines study of international tourism with the practical application of tourism.
Who should take this course
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Describe how historic travel patterns led to the formation of the modern tourist industry;
- Outline the sectors of the tourist industry and the employment and career opportunities it offers;
- List the main priorities of business and pleasure travelers and the ways in which travel destinations can appeal to both groups;
- Explain how travel destinations and tourism businesses can effectively market and promote themselves;
- Describe the role of tour wholesalers, travel agencies and online travel services in packaging and selling tourism products;
- Effectively provide potential hotel guests with information during enquiries;
- Make a hotel reservation for guests utilising the correct English vocabulary and terminology;
- Check guests in and out of hotels in the correct sequence;
- Resolve customer complaints with helpful and non-offensive English language phrases;
- Answer restaurant customer questions using the definite article and the indefinite article;
- Recommend and compare restaurant dishes using adjectives and comparative adjectives;
- Understand the correct expressions to utilise during the three stages of restaurant service;
- Understand the role of tourist information offices and their staff;
- Explain guided tour itineraries using the present simple and predictive future tenses;
- Politely take a guided tour booking from customers using indirect questions;
- Provide specific and subtle directions in a guided tour commentary;
- Utilise adjectives and superlatives effectively in a guided tour commentary;
- Use the passive voice effectually in a guided tour commentary.
All course materials are included in the course fee
All our qualifications are assessed on the basis of written course works.
About Course Provider
City Business School offers students a well-balanced college experience via online courses. We are nimble enough to honor your individual needs as a student while our years of experience provides exceptional online training that will help you achieve your career and life goals. At CBS, we get to know you and celebrate your successes. Then, we help you turn those successes into a fulfilling career.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent. In case of some doubt you can ask the course provider.