The Diploma in Occupational Hygiene introduces you to the basic principles associated with occupational hygiene such as the fundamentals of toxicology, human physiology and industrial diseases, and hygiene standards.
With the increase of industrial activity, more and more employees are becoming exposed to hazards in the workplace. It is important to know how to monitor and assess different hazards to ensure their health and safety.
The course begins by introducing you to human physiology and industrial diseases. You will study different organs of the body and how each can be affected by chemical and physical hazards. You will then learn about the fundamentals of toxicology and hazardous substances, and about chemical and biological hazards and the diseases that can arise from these hazards.
You will learn about measuring airborne contamination and the main sampling techniques and equipment that are used to obtain a quantitative estimate of the exposure to substances hazardous. You will learn about the different types of hygiene standards for chemical agents, physical agents, and biological exposure indices, and the importance of health surveillance in the workplace.
Next, you will be introduced to physical hazards in the workplace such as noise, vibration, heat/cold and lighting. You will learn about the effects of excessive exposure to these and how to evaluate and control excessive exposure to them in the workplace.
This Diploma course will be of great interest to professionals working in occupational hygiene, health and safety, and workplace safety. It will also be of interest to all learners who are interested in a career in occupational hygiene or related areas.
Who should take this course
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the functions of occupational hygiene.
- Describe the three main routes of entry of toxins into the body.
- Identify examples of hazardous substances.
- Explain the process of assessing health risks.
- Describe the general features of a Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) system.
- Describe the types of air cleaning devices.
- List the three physical states of matter.
- Define the process for sampling airborne particulates, gases, and vapours.
- List the purpose of health surveillance.
- Explain the three main categories of biological agents and the differences between them.
- Explain the psychological responses to the thermal environment.
- List the various types of non-ionising and ionising radiation.
- Explain how occupational hygiene affects your personal development.
All course materials are included in the course fee
All our qualifications are assessed on the basis of written course works.
About Course Provider
City Business School offers students a well-balanced college experience via online courses. We are nimble enough to honor your individual needs as a student while our years of experience provides exceptional online training that will help you achieve your career and life goals. At CBS, we get to know you and celebrate your successes. Then, we help you turn those successes into a fulfilling career.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent. In case of some doubt you can ask the course provider.