Prerequisites: No prerequisites are needed for the SQL commands and DBMS fundamentals. Basic knowledge of programming in Python would be helpful if you want to run the source code in the course-ending project.
Taught by Stanford-educated ex-Googlers. This team has decades of practical experience in quant trading analytics and e-commerce.
Your bodyguard for when data gets too big this course is strong but friendly funny yet deep animated yet thoughtful.
Let's parse that.
Your bodyguard for when data gets too big: Most business folks (and quite a few engineers) use Excel as a basic tool of decision making and modeling but when you can't fit the data you'd like into an Excel spreadsheet that you can easily open its time to move to a database.
The course is strong but friendly: This course will help you move to a database without being intimidated by the new environment. Don't let anyone tell you that any dataset is too large or too complicated for you to understand (and people will try most likely)
The course is funny yet deep: It goes really deep into the topics that folks often find hard to understand such as joins aggregate operators and interfacing with databases from a programming language. But it never takes itself too seriously:-)
The course is very visual : most of the techniques are explained with the help of animations to help you understand better.
This course is practical as well : Queries are explained in excruciating detail indices are demystified and potentially career-limiting traps (Drop Alter) are marked with bright yellow tape markers so you can steer clear.
The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition zooming out so we remember the big picture active learning with plenty of quizzes. There's also a peppy soundtrack and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
- SQL In Great Depth
- Database Fundamentals and Just Enough Theory
- Practical Examples - Queries in MySQL and SQLite and code in Python
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Yep! Data analysts who would like to really get down and dirty with the data
- Yep! Business folks and executives looking to make their decision making more data-driven and seeking the technical knowledge to do so.
- Yep! Students of Computer Science and Computer Engineering looking to understand database concepts for the first time
- Yep! Software engineers who need to understand and interface with databases from programming languages in their work
What you will learn:
- Explore large datasets and uncover insights - going far beyond the Excel deep into the data
- Model and create a database for day-to-day use
- Interface with databases from a programming language such as Python
- Have the comfort and confidence needed to load data and use both GUI and a command line interface for database operations
- Fully understand and leverage joins subqueries aggregates indices triggers stored procedures and other major database concepts
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.