Can be taken anytime
Professional Training Course
Special prices available
Employers worldwide are searching for IT professionals with validated skills. With a Microsoft certification in hand, you’ll certainly stand out from the crowd.
Microsoft’s Configuring Windows 8 course imparts the necessary skills and knowledge for deploying Windows 8, configuring hardware and its applications, mobile applications and network connectivity. Certified professionals can perform a clean installation of Windows 8 with confidence.
After completing this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in a professional IT environment and prepared for the Microsoft 70-687 exam. Once certified, you’ll be qualified for jobs such as IT Support Technician and Hardware Installation Co-ordinator earning an average salary of £24,000.00 per year (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only).
The great thing about our Microsoft 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 course is that you are in charge of your start and finish date, with no deadline pressures!
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
By achieving the Microsoft 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 certification, you will create more career opportunities and be better positioned when applying for work.
Enrol today and prepare for a future you deserve.
WHY STUDY WITH MY TRAINING ACADEMY?
- Flexible training - study anytime, anywhere and from any device.
- Expert Instructor-Led Training – our courses are delivered by the finest instructors with a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their field, which is why we have a 97.4% pass rate.
- Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations – allows students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
- Quizzes & Exam Simulators – custom practice exams to prepare students for their final exams. We offer practice quizzes after each module to ensure students are confident before proceeding to the next topic.
- Social Learning & Networking – world class learning management system allows students to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions, rate different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge.
- Flash Cards & Educational Games – allows students to train in ways that keep them engaged and focus.
- Navigation & Controls – allows you to study at your own pace.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED? Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don\'t have to put your life on hold to get certified.
MTA students structure their study to fit in with jobs, families, friends and leisure time. They study full time and part time; from home and work and on the move; online and on mobile devices.
Who should take this course
Ideal for technicians whose job role involves configuring and installing Windows 8 as a standalone network or as a part of a Windows active directory domain in a larger environment.
Certificate of Completion
Module 1: Installing and Deploying Windows 8.1
- 1.1 Course Introduction
- 1.2 Introduction to Windows 8.1
- 1.3 Preparing to Install Windows 8.1
- 1.4 Understanding Deployment Options Part 1
- 1.5 Understanding Deployment Options Part 2
- 1.6 Upgrading to Windows 8.1
- 1.7 Migrating to Windows 8.1
- 1.8 Automating Installations Part 1
- 1.9 Automating Installations Part 2
- 1.10 Automating Installations Part 3
- 1.11 Windows Activation
Module 2: Enterprise Management in Windows 8.1
- 2.1 Local and Management Tools Part 1
- 2.2 Local and Management Tools Part 2
- 2.3 Using Windows Power Shell to Manage Windows 8.1 Part 1
- 2.4 Using Windows Power Shell to Manage Windows 8.1 Part 2
- 2.5 Using Windows Power Shell to Manage Windows 8.1 Part 3
- 2.6 Using Group Policy to Manage Windows 8.1
Module 3: Managing User Settings
- 3.1 Managing User Profiles
- 3.2 User State Virtualization
- 3.3 User Profile Migration
Module 4: Configuring Hardware Access
- 4.1 Managing and Maintaining Hard Disk Drives Part 1
- 4.2 Managing and Maintaining Hard Disk Drives Part 2
- 4.3 Working with Device Drivers
Module 5: Configuring Networking
- 5.1 Configuring IPv4 Part1
- 5.2 Configuring IPv4 Part2
- 5.3 Configuring IPv4 Part3
- 5.4 Configuring IPv6
- 5.5 Managing Name Resolution
- 5.6 Configuring Wireless Connections
- 5.7 Troubleshooting Network Connections
Module 6: Configuring Resource Access
- 6.1 Configuring Network Access
- 6.2 Managing File Access with NTFS
- 6.3 Managing Shared Folders
- 6.4 Configure and Manage Printers
- 6.5 Providing Access to Non-Domain Devices
- 6.6 Planning to Use One Drive
Module 7: Configuring Applications
- 7.1 Installing and Configuring Applications
- 7.2 Managing Apps from The Windows Store
- 7.3 Controlling Desktop Applications
- 7.4 Manage Internet Explorer
- 7.5 Using Virtualization to Support Applications
Module 8: Managing Security in Windows 8.1
- 8.1 Overview of Network Security
- 8.2 Managing the Windows Firewall
- 8.3 Malware Protection
- 8.4 Configuring Data Security
- 8.5 User Account Control
Module 9: Optimizing and Recovering Windows 8.1
- 9.1 Performance Monitoring and Optimization
- 9.2 Managing and Troubleshooting Reliability
- 9.3 Troubleshooting with Event Viewer
- 9.4 Managing Windows Updates
- 9.5 Backing Up Data
- 9.6 Recovery Options
Module 10: Mobile Computing with Windows 8.1
- 10.1 Configuring Mobile Computer Settings
- 10.2 Configuring VPNs
- 10.3 Overview of Direct Access
- 10.4 Conclusion
MULTI-USER TRAINING PACKAGES This online course can be integrated in your professional training plan. M.T.A. can provide you with a tailored learning solution, that can be customised to meet each team member’s requirements. Choosing a multi-user training package, you can get significant discounts for 5+ users and even further discounts for 10+ users – and an excellent return on your investment.
About Course Provider
OUR MISSION: Our mission is to help you learn the skills you need to reach your full potential.
WHO WE ARE: We are one of the fastest growing online training providers. We offer engaging, effective and flexible online training solutions to both individuals and businesses.
We develop courses that help individuals to prepare for and complete their certification exams with ease. Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don’t have to put your life on hold to get certified. You can study full time or part time, from home or work or on the move; either on your PC or on your mobile devices.
We provide world class education developed by highly skilled and experienced instructors. Our courses are upgraded regularly to ensure our learners are up-to-date with the latest industry requirements and best practices.
WHAT WE BELIEVE: We believe technology has paved the way for individuals and businesses all over the world to tap into high quality learning at their fingertips, in order to build new skills, update their expertise in a particular area, or develop their workforce to gain a competitive edge within the market place.
Select a course now and prepare for the future you deserve.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.