About this Course:
Do you need to manage a project? And do you want to deliver it on time, on budget, and to requirement? If you are new to project management - or just want a refresher, this course will give you all the basics and more. Project management has become a vital element of business life. Success for both you and your organisation will depend on good project management skills. How do you set up to succeed? This seminar shows you the practical tools, techniques and advice you need.
What will I get?
You will get over two and a half hours of high quality video - not just a PowerPoint with a voice over. It is based on Mike's best selling three-hour live seminar and contains over two and a half hours of video, and a wealth of additional templates for you to download and adapt to your work. These will help you to manage your projects practically, for greater control and more success. If you want to deliver your next project on time, on budget and to specification, you can't afford not to take this course.
Mike is on of the UK's leading project delivery experts. He has many years experience of managing projects and integrating change in many companies of varying sizes. Mike has had key roles in managing multi-million pound projects for Vodafone, General Motors, BAA and Transport for London. Organisations of all sizes have benefited from his skills in integrating complex change. You will get real results as his highly practical approach simplifies complex ideas.
Mike also has over 20 years' experience of training project managers, throughout the UK and in Europe and the US. He is the author of thirteen top-selling business, management, and personal effectiveness books, including four on project management topics:
- How to Manage a Great Project On budget. On target. On time. (Pearson, 2014)
- The Influence Agenda A systematic approach to aligning stakeholders in times of change (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)
- Brilliant Project Leader What the best project leaders know, do and say to get results, every time (Pearson, 2012)
- Risk Happens! Managing risk and avoiding failure in business projects (Marshall Cavendish, 2011)
What if you have questions?
I will be on hand to answer your questions if you get stuck, puzzled, or just want to know more. As a professional trainer, this is what I do, and I promise to respond within 24 hours of your question arriving with me from Simpliv.
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- New and want-to-be project managers
- Project managers who have had no formal training and who want to start to formalize what you have learned on the job
- Beginners and also for intermediates with a few projects under your belt
- Managers and professionals who are starting to need to deliver projects as a part of your day-to-day responsibilities
- This course will give you a great leg up if you need to get involved in your first project in any capacity
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Understand how projects work and be able to control your project process
- Deploy some of the main ways to avoid budget and schedule over-runs
- Define your project precisely, for your benefit and everyone else's
- Establish a clear scope, so you can combat the dreaded 'scope creep'
- Deal effectively with supporters, critics and bystanders
- Create time scales on getting the job done using milestone planning
- Be able to use the world's favourite project planning tool: the Gantt chart
- Achieve fair and effective allocation of project responsibilities
- Get the most from your team: motivation, collaboration and communication
- Predict problems and plan your responses
- Be able to assess which risks to deal with first
- Assess which risks to deal with first
- Apply all six strategies for action on risks available to use
- Stay in control when people change their minds
- Deliver your project on budget, on target, and on time
- Complete the three key tasks to finally close down your project
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.