The Biomedical & Molecular Sciences Research MSc, MRes course is a multi- disciplinary programme that will provide you with superior practical skills and a firm theoretical grounding in a range of scientific fields.
- Lectures delivered by experienced specialist researchers covering contemporary issues in Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Neuro Biology and Cardiovascular Sciences.
- Interactive tutorials including, for example, a session on biosciences statistics, bioinformatics and patenting.
- Each student can choose a number of expert led workshops focused on specialised technical skills and scientific approaches and methodologies relevant to Biomedical Sciences.
- The course offers advanced practical experience and supervised training together with an in-depth research project within an active research group; projects are either six months (MSc) or nine months (MRes) in length.
- Many students publish their results in top tier journals.
- This course offers a lead into a research career; in the past, approximately 40 per cent of graduates from this course have entered a PhD programme.
- Our external examiner noted that 'This course provides an ideal training for biomedical students hoping to pursue a career in research and sets a gold standard nationally in this area.
Who should take this course
Minimum 2:1 first degree in a biological, molecular biological or biomedical sciences-related subject or an overseas equivalent.
Courses are divided into modules.
You will normally take:
- MSc - modules totalling 180 credits.
- MRes - modules totalling 240 credits.
You are required to take:
- Skills in Biomedical and Molecular Sciences Research (30 credits)
- Advanced Bioscience Research Laboratory Techniques (30 credits)
- Topics in Biomedical Science (30 credits)
- Specialised Techniques Workshops (30 credits)
- You are also required to complete a research and dissertation module depending on your choice of study pathway:
- Biomedical & Molecular Sciences Research MSc (60 credits)
- Biomedical & Molecular Sciences Research MRes MRes (120 credits)
- Full time overseas fees:
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.