Building on the success of the world-renowned Vehicle Design Programme at the RCA, Intelligent Mobility looks to the future of all forms of transportation design and places this in the context of an increasingly complex environment.
Automotive and transportation design is expanding and includes new challenges relating to user experience (UX), autonomy, electrification, rapid urbanisation and strategic planning. Intelligent Mobility seeks to address these challenges through design vision and applied expertise.
Our approach is to establish a critical learning environment in which projects and research focus on innovation and disruptive design outcomes. The MA Programme encourages a design-led, highly personal and ideological approach where key themes such as vehicle aesthetics, sustainability, emerging markets and human cultural factors can be met with impactful and relevant design proposals.
Who should take this course
This programme is ideal for those looking to enhance their expertise, develop creative and design-thinking mindsets or change careers. Current students on this programme include:
- Early-career professionals
- Mid-career professionals
- Advanced career professionals
The Programme offers:
- Globally recognised industry-leading MA with extensive industrial relationships through sponsored projects, internships and bursaries/awards. Recent collaborations include: Audi, Bentley, Citroen, Hitachi Rail Europe, Jaguar, Kia, EXA, Sabic and TATA
- Numerous scholarships
- A strong teaching staff comprised of with diverse, high-level practitioner experience in global mobility and design brands
- Close ties to the Intelligent Mobility Design Centre, a new multidisciplinary mobility research centre
- A world-leading multi-disciplinary design learning environment, working alongside RCA Programmes such as Fashion and Innovation Design Engineering an alumni network located in numerous top design positions globally.
About Course Provider
The Royal College of Art is the world’s leading university of art and design, placing at Number One in the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 QS World University Rankings.
Wholly postgraduate and specialising in teaching and research, the RCA offers the degrees of MA, MPhil and PhD across the disciplines of applied art, fine art, design, communications and humanities. There are over 1,750 Master’s and doctoral students and more than 1,000 professionals interacting with them - including scholars, art and design practitioners--along with specialists, advisers and distinguished visitors.
The College is rightly proud of its graduates' achievements. Alumni from the RCA form part of an international network of creative individuals who have shaped and continue to shape the culture surrounding all of us – from the landscape of our cities to the furniture and appliances in our homes, and from the clothes we wear and the films we watch to the work we experience in galleries and the cars we drive.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.