This Tax LLM will equip you with the legal framework and intellectual tools you need to understand cross-border tax. With a reputation for exceptional teaching and contemporary expertise you will find your intellectual and creative abilities are both challenged and developed by this demanding but intensely practical subject. You may also prepare simultaneously for the CIOT Advanced Diploma in International Taxation.
- Opportunity to prepare simultaneously for the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) Advanced Diploma in International Taxation.
- Exceptional teaching reputation; unique, sought-after expertise, contemporary experience and connections with the wider London legal community.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of legal London; based in the magnificent East Wing of Somerset House on the Strand and minutes from the Royal Courts of Justice, the Inns of Court and offices of major City law firms.
Who should take this course
The LLM offers a sharpened focus on our key areas of excellence and a commitment to offer a premier programme and a world class student experience. Aimed at recent law graduates (or graduates of joint degrees with a significant law content) as well as established legal professionals who may have graduated a number of years ago, the programme is rigorous and demanding and requires serious commitment.
You will have to take one of the following writing projects:
- Dissertation (40 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
- 10,000 word practice or research module (40 credits)
In order to meet the 180 credit requirement, students must select at least 120-140 credits from a range of optional modules. Students who wish to specialise within a certain pathway must ensure that at least 120 credits are taken within that pathway.
Examples of modules available with the International Tax Law LLM:
- International Tax Law (40 credits)
- EU Tax Law (40 credits)
- International Tax Law: Transfer Pricing (20 credits)
- Value Added Tax (20 credits)
- Taxation of Business Enterprises (40 credits)
- Part time overseas fees: 17,400 per year (2019/20)
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.