The online Psychology & Neuroscience of Mental Health course aims to provide a comprehensive and integrated exploration of our current understanding of the psychological and neuroscientific basis of mental health. By drawing on the wealth of research, education and clinical expertise and experience across our world-renowned Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), the course will appeal to those with a personal interest in the area of psychology, neuroscience and mental health, and who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills base.
- The course is delivered 100 per cent online. Students work in small, interactive classes with academic staff, and also receive additional support and guidance.
- Cutting edge expertise: impact of the IoPPN's work was 100 per cent world leading or internationally excellent, and our research environment was judged as 100 per cent world leading (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
- Online access to teaching materials developed from experts across Kings College London, providing a comprehensive and multidisciplinary perspective of important mental health problems.
- Support to develop and demonstrate research and critical appraisal skills that will permit appreciation, interpretation and reporting of research evidence, as preparation for research or further education.
Who should take this course
This course is ideal for people who are:
- Seeking employment as a graduate research worker
- Wishing to progress to doctoral study
- Already working in or planning to undertake further study to work in mental health as a practitioner or policy maker.
It will also enhance the knowledge and skills base for those with a personal interest in the area of psychology, neuroscience and mental health.
The programme is flexible, and three levels of postgraduate qualification are offered:
- Achieve a postgraduate certificate after completing 60 credits, a postgraduate diploma after 120 credit and a master's degree after completing all 180 credits.
- Complete four introductory modules in the foundations of mental health to earn your postgraduate certificate.
- Complete four advanced modules in psychology and neuroscience disorders to earn your postgraduate diploma.
- Complete all twelve introductory, advanced and research skills modules to earn your MSc.
The current fee for the programme, according to the award chosen is:
- Postgraduate Certificate -
About Course Provider
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England.
King's vision is to make the world a better place, building on our history of pioneering research that has advanced and shaped modern life, such as: the discovery of the structure of DNA; research to better understand autism and develop life-changing therapies; informing air pollution awareness and policy; research that led to the development of radio, radar, television and mobile phones; and making maths available to the underprivileged. These are all ways that we are having a transformational impact on society.
Our intellectually rigorous teaching environment is coupled with a commitment to providing a rich and supportive student experience. We have more than 31,000 students (of whom nearly 12,800 are postgraduates, with 1,000 students enrolled in online masters courses) from 150 countries worldwide, meaning that students are part of a truly international community. Our 8,500 members of staff collaborate with students to help them get the most out of their degree. Many of our academics are also researchers working within and influencing their industries, meaning that students learn the latest thinking and understand its practical and contemporary relevance.
King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts are part of King's Health Partners. King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is a pioneering global collaboration between one of the world's leading research-led universities and three of London's most successful NHS Foundation Trusts, including leading teaching hospitals and comprehensive mental health services.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.