Job description / Role
Head of Finance - Australia
Our client is a successful global entity who has requested the assistance of Gulf Connexions to support them in their search in identifying a seasoned Head of Finance to be based out of their office in Melbourne, Australia.
As a Head of Finance, you will be responsible for not only overseeing the entire Finance & Accounting department but also working in partnership with top management on various strategic initiatives in order to drive the business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high caliber finance professional take on a challenging role and joins a company that has gone through significant growth in the past 5 years.
• Responsible for the overall financial management of the Australian business including daily accounting, cash management, monthly and yearly closing, management reporting, tax, budgeting, annual auditing, compliance, and corporate governance.
• Play a key role alongside senior management in making business decisions by understanding the business-relevant metrics and carrying our proper financial analysis.
• Financial risk strategy.
• Prepare various management reports on financial results.
• Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or relevant discipline. MBA is preferential.
• Must have a professional accreditation- (CFA, CA, CPA)
• 12 years’ experience within the financial services industry with at least 4 years of experience working as a Head of Finance/Finance Director.
• Stable and progressive career to date.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex initiatives in a dynamic business environment.
• Previous management of leading a team of 20+ individuals.
• International experience working in a matrix structure.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text.
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Financial Controller / Sr. Finance Manager / Finance Manager
Manpower Middle East
TGC Consulting Middle East
LITASCO Middle East DMCC
Regional Finance Controller