Job description / Role
To act as site representative in the administration of two large construction contracts. The purpose of the job is top manage the existing site supervision team to ensure the Client’s quality requirements are met and to manage the administration and Client reporting of two live Contracts.
1. Management of multiple/ simultaneously run large Contracts.
2. All administrative duties for the Contracts.
3. Day to day inspections of works and management of supervision team (2 no.).
4. Extensive Client reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
5. Coordination of design team inputs.
6. Management of Client design change requests.
7. Review of works to ensure progress with proscribed schedule/ programme.
8. Review and approve shop drawings and engineering material submissions, with support from London.
9. Respond to contractors technical queries.
10. Liaise with the regional London design office.
11. Implement site quality assurance programme for structural and civil works.
12. Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved.
13. Ensuring all relevant staff are informed of client matters.
14. Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that policy is in keeping with current legislation, relevant standards and Codes of Practice etc.
15. Management of Client and broader on-site team.
Experienced Site Engineer/ Clerk of Works with extensive international experience in the management of infrastructure and building related works. Understanding and demonstrable requirement for previous experience on site administrative and works quality control roles.
Extensive experience in direct construction management roles required, in addition to the management of staff. Minimum 20 years site experience required.
Minimum HND or equivalent.
About the Company
Described by our clients as passionate, innovative, collaborative: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the worlds leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.
As an organisation we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognise that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.