A Leading Designer and Manufacturer of Custom Wood Products in Bahrain
Job description / Role
Accountant – Billing and Collections
• Prepares, reviews and mails monthly customer statements.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Responsible for the collections of all customer and other debt accounts and collaborate with the sales team on the collection activities.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering corrections to customer accounts.
• Resolves customer accounts by examining payment plans and payment history to determine if collection letters need to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, and preparing reports.
• Assists other finance areas such as accounts payable.
• Researches and negotiates charge back claims.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Three to five years accounting experience.
• Previous retail experience.
• Knowledge of economic and cash management principles, accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Knowledge of general computer skills including Microsoft Office products mainly Excel, Word and Outlook, and common software programs.
• Processing information through compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
• Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
About the Company
A leading designer and manufacturer of custom wood products in Bahrain