Job description / Role
• Provide a summary of the ageing report required by various people in the Accounting and Control Division to prepare monthly reports
• To understand Sofitel objectives in managing Account Payable Function so as to
• Provide an effective system to track Accounts Payable for effective Cash Flow management
• Ensure loyalty of key suppliers of the hotel, resulting in lower cost per unit.
• To obtain, date-stamp and file all documents which support authorized purchases and services rendered (PR's, PO's, Delivery Notes, signed Receiving Records, Contracts etc.) for future matching to invoices.
• To process daily invoices, that is, to match them to their supporting authorizations and receiving records.
• To check all the petty cash vouchers for validity and accuracy and to process for payment.
• To record all the petty cash vouchers and to post them timely and accurately into the computer system.
• To prepare account allocation of all petty cash vouchers.
• To control and to reimburse timely the General Cashier funds.
• To file all the paid petty cash vouchers properly for future reference.
• To batch invoices, obtain department head approval and book them to the appropriate account and departments.
• To review and determine all payments due and to submit the payment requests and disbursement schedule to the Chief Accountant for review and signature prior to the actual preparation of cheques.
• To prepare cheque payments and submit them, with their supports attached, for final approval and signatures by the Director of Finance and General Manager.
• To raise and record cheques for urgent payments.
• To prepare monthly accruals for goods and services received, but not invoiced.
• To prepare monthly accruals for any major commitments.
• To check and ensure that the books and records are updated accurately and timely.
• To co-operate and assist in reconciling the month-end inventory book balances to actual physical counts.
• To prepare month-end closing of Accounts Payable.
• To prepare and follow up on some balance sheet schedules as instructed including all the advanced payments.
• To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
• To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
• To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel
• To ensure all files and reports are properly filed for future reference.
• To maintain an up-to-date 'Open Accounts' for Accounts Payable.
• To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
• To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
• To read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To comply with local legislation as required.
• To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
• To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
• To attend training and meetings as and when required.
• Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Economy, Finance, Accounting Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
• Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounting & Finance Specialist
TAV Airports Holding Co. (TAV Aero)