Job description / Role
- Assesses customer and/or business process requirements; analyzes structure and flow of work and data that support needs; evaluates possible solutions and implements and/or recommends solutions that support the mission, values and goals of the College.
- Performs project management and participates on project teams responsible for system hardware and application software implementation and upgrades; determines project scope and staff resources required to complete projects; prepares project work plans and timelines. Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to management. Works closely with technical staff, vendors, and contacts from other institutions to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Assures technical support problem resolution related to networks, servers, desktops, database management software, operating systems, and/or business application software systems through cooperative relationship with District Technical Support Services. Performs system administration activities, which includes coordinating and managing the purchasing, installation, and configuration of desktops, software and related application software upgrades.
- Creates and maintains standards, procedures, and documentation related to area of responsibility. May participate in computer audits and perform testing for disaster recovery process, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information.
- Implements system changes and administers access to systems and information utilizing approved information technology security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Creates, develops and oversees processes, protocols and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and to minimize financial liability of the District.
- May supervise technical/support staff as required by individual position(s); participates in hiring, evaluating, training, disciplining, and recommending discharge staff as necessary.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization to ensure project success and user needs are identified and met. Makes presentations to a wide-variety of audiences within the College community and to external organizations and at conferences.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, groups, and/or committees to communicate and confer about process analysis of existing procedures and systems, determine cost/benefit and complexities of new processes and projects, prepare for testing, discuss the roll-out of new projects and software upgrades, and/or discuss other applicable issues.
- Researches and recommends required desktop and database configurations to ensure optimum performance and capability to meet the business needs of the District.
- Prepares project proposals and budgets; performs analysis for new technologies and system enhancements.
- Participates in recommending budget items; implements and allocates resources following budget approval.
- May define testing and development environment suitable for testing and evaluation of new technologies.
- Supervisory principles (for those positions with supervisory responsibility);
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations affecting data collection, processing, consolidation, analysis, and reporting;
- System design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices;
- Database management principles and practices;
- Expert level principles, concepts and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Hardware and software system design and implementation principles and practices;
- Project management principles;
- Applicable hardware, software, and systems;
- Advanced systems analysis methods, practices, and principles;
- Cost modeling principles;
- Leading edge technologies;
- Information system troubleshooting methods.
About the Company
IPS is a Third-Party Payment Processing Company, regulated and licesned by Central Bank of Bahrain, incorporated under the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain. IPS is catering to different sectors of industry like financial institutions, banks, ...etc. Our suite services include:
- Mobile business on the go
- eCommerce Solutions
- Security and Fraud solutions
- Prepaid solutions
- Merchant Mobile Commerce solutions
- Marketing solutions
- Analytics & Digital Wallet solutions
- CC Terminals & POS solutions
- Payment Gateway
- DIgital and mobile banking solutions
- Debit and Credit Card Processing solutions
- Loyalty & Rewards solutions
- ATM & network solutions
- Analytics & Reporting solutions
Government & Others
- Government payment solutions for fees, taxes, etc.
- Utility & other Corporate biller solutions
- Healthcare providers & pater solutions
- Financial Analyst SOlutions
- Education solutions