Job description / Role
We are looking for a Seasoned and qualified Accounting professional to manage to the finance department, the incumbent will be responsible for all reporting of financials and required to present these at the Board level. He/She will be leading a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances and contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department, and ensure the company is fully aware of its financial condition.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Develops and prepares costing of various products through the IT system
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Ensures VAT paid by the company are accounted properly and prepares VAT returns/claims accordingly.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field.
• Professional qualifications - ACA, ACCA or CIMA fully/partly qualified is an added advantage.
• 10 – 12 years of experience in Food production/food processing will be ideal.
• Proven experience in working within VAT environment as an accountant.
• Highly proficient in MS Excel (advanced level). Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software.
• Excellent organizing abilities.
• Great attention to detail.
• Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
• Understanding of databases and SQL.
• Experience with ERP, Planning and related accounting systems.
• Project management experience.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounting & Finance Specialist
TAV Airports Holding Co. (TAV Aero)